Gypsy Joker Motorcycle Club members accused of murder seek relea - KPTV - FOX 12

Gypsy Joker Motorcycle Club members accused of murder seek release from jail

Posted: Updated:
Earl Fisher Jr. in court (Source: KPTV) Earl Fisher Jr. in court (Source: KPTV)
Mark Dencklau (Source: KPTV) Mark Dencklau (Source: KPTV)
Tiler Pribbernow in court (Source: KPTV) Tiler Pribbernow in court (Source: KPTV)
Gypsy Jokers Motorcycle Club club house in Portland (Source: KPTV) Gypsy Jokers Motorcycle Club club house in Portland (Source: KPTV)

Police said he was kidnapped, tortured and murdered by outlaw motorcycle gangsters. On Monday, three of the six people charged in connection with the 2015 death of Robert Huggins were fighting to be released from jail on bail. 

Mark Dencklau, Earl Fisher and Tiler Pribbernow are facing two counts of murder, one count each of criminal conspiracy to commit murder and two counts each of criminal conspiracy to commit kidnapping.

Investigators said the defendants are all in some way connected to the Gypsy Joker Motorcycle Club in Portland, and Huggins was at one point a high ranking member himself. 

Investigators have kept details of his death close to the vest until now.  In court Monday, they laid it all out on the table.

Video from a home surveillance camera on Northeast Holladay Street in Portland was played in the courtroom. It captured the kidnapping of Robert Huggins from start to finish, including the final blow that knocked him unconscious. 

A cloud of dust can be seen in the video shortly after. Detectives think that’s from Huggins' attackers dragging him into their suburban.   

“When you watch the video and know what’s going to happen in terms of the kidnapping and know where he was found, it’s heart wrenching to know he only had minutes left of his life,” said Portland Police Bureau Detective Jim Lawrence.

The video was simply a fraction of the overwhelming amount of physical evidence Lawrence presented in court to keep Huggins' accused killers from bailing out of jail.  

"A revenge killing"

A revenge killing, he calls it, for breaking the rules of the Gypsy Joker Motorcycle Club. Investigators believe club president Mark Dencklau and vice president Earl Fisher are at the center of this case.

“I don’t know of a case where this many members of a gang were brought together for a murder,” said Lawrence.

Huggins' body was found beaten, mutilated and broken in a Clark County field in July of 2015.  His killers shot nails through his boots, carved out an ‘X’ on his body and knocked out his teeth. 

“In terms of a blunt force homicide, this is absolutely the worst I’ve seen,” said Lawrence.

After months of investigating, Lawrence said he’s uncovered that the Gypsy Jokers first turned against Huggins in 2014.   Back then, Huggins was the club’s sergeant in arms, or enforcer, who also doubled as the club’s treasurer.

Huggins began stealing money from the club to support a heroin habit, so the club allegedly “green lit” him.

“To be green lit means that any member of club could assault him on sight because of his past conduct for the club,” said Lawrence.  “It is ironic as a previous enforcer that he would now be the victim of an enforcement the club had to carry out.”

Investigators said things came to a head when members of the club allegedly stole both Huggins' car and motorcycle.

“That was the salt in the wound that caused him to seek out revenge against club members,” said Lawrence.

Investigators said Huggins retaliated by going to Mark Dencklau’s home in Woodburn, where he tied up his girlfriend at gunpoint and then robbed the place.

“Based on a statement from Dencklau’s girlfriend, he did not want her to go to police, he felt this was something the club needed to take care of,” said Lawrence.

After that, the hunt was on for Huggins.

Suspects caught on camera

On June 30, 2015, police said Gypsy Joker club associate and Road Brother member Tyler Pribbernow got word  from drug associate Malachi Watkins that he’d found Huggins at the home on North Holladay. 

Investigators said both Pribbernow and Watkins were captured in that home's surveillance video as part of the group who allegedly kidnapped Huggins that night. 

The car was spotted again by surveillance cameras hours later at a gas station in Woodland. 

Lawrence thinks the group brought Huggins to a nearby property off Northwest Pacific Highway in Woodland where he was tortured and killed.

He said they found blood at the property, but it’s still being tested.

A recorded phone conversation played in the courtroom between Pribbernow and his girlfriend, who was in jail at the time, acts as further proof to detectives of his involvement in the murder. 

“Tiler specifically told his girlfriend that he had not gone home on the night of June 30th because the guy Earl and the others needed to find was found,” said Lawrence. “She said, ‘well you want to think about going home when you’re staying with my mother,’ and he said, ‘well I won’t have to do it again, cause it’s done.’”

Conspiracy investigation

The suburban detectives believe was used in the crime was found at Ron Thompson’s auto detail shop off Southeast Foster Road.  The shop is no longer in operation at that location.  

Detectives said Thompson is a member of the Road Brothers, the same Gypsy Jokers associated club as Pribbernow.

Inside of the car, detectives said they found Huggins blood, along with two axes and a shovel wrapped in a blanket. 

Investigators said insurance documents found in the car list William Wallace, a known member of the Road Brothers, along with Kendra Kastle.

Both Thompson and Kastle are accused of hindering prosecution in this case. Thompson was in the courtroom Monday, but declined to comment.

Police said phone records link everyone in the group together in the conspiracy to kill Huggins and cover it all up.

All of this led to the May arrest of the six suspects and the raid of the Gypsy Joker club house in north Portland.

Investigators believe the driver of the suburban on the night of Huggins’ kidnapping was William Wallace. After the May raid of the clubhouse, investigators said he went to Alaska. 

He later died in a DUII crash, according to police.

As the bail hearing for Dencklau, Fisher and Pribbernow continues, FOX 12 will continue to follow this story.  

Watkins remains in a Washington prison for a prior conviction. 

Investigators said they are still actively investigating this case and looking for other members they believe to be involved in the conspiracy.  

Copyright 2016 KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation. All rights reserved. 

Powered by Frankly
FOX 12
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, KPTV-KPDX Broadcasting Corporation, Portland, OR . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.